Located in Laguna Beach, CA. I am a personal teacher/trainer using techniques from yoga, fitness and movement therapies. I specialize with individuals over age 50 who are living with pain, a health condition, stress and anxiety. I believe it’s never too late to start the healing process, in fact, I have students in their late 80’s. Making the choice to “do something” gets the ball rolling and the benefits will follow promptly.
Making the choice to “do something” gets the ball rolling and the benefits will follow promptly.
Yoga Fitness Therapeutics is appropriate for everyBODY. The beauty of it is that it’s customized to YOU and it works regardless of age, gender or physical ability.
My program is developed with a combination of healing tools designed to give you a self-empowered lifestyle restoring health, vitality and well-being. In no time at all, you will notice a difference in how you feel physically, mentally and emotionally.
My program is developed with a combination of healing tools designed to give you a self-empowered lifestyle restoring health, vitality and well-being.
My work encompasses yoga philosophy, asana, breathing, and meditation combined with movement therapy, Pilates, classical dance, and fitness training. By using gentle instruction, I will safely guide you in a customized program designed to meet your individual needs. My specialties include functional movement, bio-mechanical retraining, neuro-muscular and skeletal alignment and strengthening.
This therapeutic process integrates new levels of function resulting in a more balanced lifestyle that focuses on a positive outlook and a healthier physiology – its the core of integrative medicine and natural wellness plans!
Experience Vitality • Feel Stronger • Enjoy Mental Clarity
This is the Natural Solution for a Positive Lifestyle
My primary goal is to safely guide you in yoga, fitness and movement. Yoga can be a fitness system, but it is much more. Learning to be aware of your body, it’s potential and it’s limitations is empowering. Yoga energizes the body and the mind. Whether you are regaining control after an injury, living with a health condition or in a weakened condition from absence of physical activity, it’s important that you stay physically active and strong as you age.
Whether you are regaining control after an injury, living with a health condition or in a weakened condition from absence of physical activity, it’s important that you stay physically active and strong as you age.
My credentials and training:
- Registered Experience Yoga Teacher, Yoga Alliance E-RYT-500
- Certified Yoga Therapist International Association of Yoga Therapists: RX1&2, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles (this training focuses on the therapeutic uses of yoga for health conditions, marrying Western Medicine with Eastern Traditions. This training is based upon the practices of traditional yoga therapy used in India.)
- Certified Prime of Life Yoga (yoga for ages 50+), Los Angeles, Larry Payne, author of Yoga for Dummies and Yoga Therapy. I am specialized to work with seniors and the common health conditions of later life.
- The Thinking Body-Feeling Mind, Linda Lack, Los Angeles, movement therapy
- Yoga Nidra, Richard Miller iRest, meditation and visualization techniques to aide with stress and anxiety.
- Yoga Teacher Trainer, Be the Change Yoga, Tustin, CA. 300 Hr and 800 Hr Yoga Therapy Teacher Training program.
- Certified Yoga Teacher – White Lotus Foundation
- Certified Yoga Teacher -LifePower Yoga w/ Johnny Kest
- Certified Mini Yogis Kids – Shana Meyerson
- Reformer 1 Instructor Workshop-Balanced Body
- Therapy Ball Instructor– Jill Miller, myofacial release techniques
- Soft Tissue Assessment and Myofacial Procedures, Dr. Eden Goldman,Yoga Doctors
- The Art of Adjusting Yoga Postures, Dr. Eden Goldman, Yoga Doctors
- Thai Yoga Massage – Phoebe Diftler, White Lotus Foundation
- Certified Booty Barre Plus Instructor – Tracey Mallett
- Certified Silver Sneakers Instructor – Fitness over 60
- Yin Yoga-Restorative Yoga
- BFA in Dance from Point Park College, Pittsburgh. 10yrs. Professional Dancer
- Certified by The International Association of Yoga Therapists-listed on their directory, IAYT.org.
- My yoga lineage is of T Krishnamacharya, who strongly advocated an intelligent approach to yoga, whereby yoga’s tools and techniques are adapted to respect the needs, abilities and requirements of each individual.
- I teach Hatha Yoga. I do not associate with any religion in my yoga teaching.
My goal is to guide you to a magnificent quality of life.